- CXC’s Caribbean Certificate of Secondary Level Competence (CCSLC®)
- CXC’s Caribbean Vocational Qualification (CVQ®)
The CCSLC® provides you with a solid education foundation. It is very flexible and it allows for each learner to move at their own pace. It focuses on measuring your abilities. For example:
- How you solve problems
- How you handle conflict
- How you can make informed decisions
- How you manage your emotions in public
- How you work in groups
- How you communicate, both in speaking and in writing,
…to name a few
The programme helps to build your confidence and develop a positive self-image. Once you successfully complete this, you will now be able to take advantage of opportunities for entry-level employment or further studies.
The CVQ is about hands-on learning in the industry of your choice. Employers and industry experts have worked with the programme to create the skills and standards which you will learn. When you complete this programme, you will be able to ‘hit the ground running’ in the field you studied. This means that you will be better prepared for the world of work.
You will have the opportunity to develop at your own pace and you will then be assessed using the selected industry standards. While you will have to show you have the knowledge and attitude, the focus of your assessment will be on a demonstration of your skills and abilities in what you have learned.
There are over 100 occupational areas at Levels 1 and 2 to choose from. A few of these areas are:
- Computer Arts
- Entertainment and Events Technology
- Food Preparation and Cookery
- Motor Vehicle Air Conditioning Systems
- General Construction
- Early Childhood Development
- Data Operation
- Electrical Installation
- Crop Preparation
- Light Metal Fabrication
- Livestock Rearing
You have many possibilities for your future. Take the Chance!
Need more information? CLICK HERE
GO TO TOP